Skip to content
- Appropriate respect must be shown to all higher ranks ie. Bow before addressing them and after discourse is completed.
- All students must bow before entering and leaving the training area.
- Prior to beginning or ending a lesson, the class must bow in from highest rank to lowest, proceeding by forming a rectangle with the instructor in the top centre and highest to lowest ranks forming equally on either side.
- Any members of the appropriate rank whom choose to wear the black pants to training may not engage in being thrown during class.
- Members who have qualified for the Instructors grade will show so by wearing a 10mm red stripe bottom most on their belt.
- Members who have qualified for First Dan, Instructor Dan and Kuatsu Trained are considered to be Master Grade and are entitled to wear black pants. This rank is shown with a 25mm red stripe bottom most on their belt.
- Members who have sat and passed one or more Dan grading will show so by wearing one 10mm gold stripe per grading passed. These markings will be placed above all others on the belt.
- Members and instructors of the IJJF will endeavour to coexist with other martial arts and promote other styles or arts that support the IJJF and its teachings.
- In the event of an open challenge against the club, the senior belt instructor of the club will be expected to defend the clubs’ honour with all present ensuring a just competition.